Five Outfits For Your Summer Internship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Summer internships are pretty important: they give you a few months of the experience you’ll need after graduating, they help you connect with people in your desired field, and they keep you busy over the summer. One way to impress your colleagues in the working world and start your professional experience off on the right foot is to master the art of professional fashion. Here are five outfits to try out at your internship or job this summer.

1. The pantsuit

This just screams, “I’m grown up, I’m fashionable, I’m focused, and I’m ready for business!” Besides, who said suits are only for boys?

2. Skirt and Blazer combo

Skirts and matching blazers are a suprisingly easy, yet classic look for ladies in the workforce. Since it’s such a simple outfit, it also allows you to accessorize accordingly with a cute bag and heels or a statement necklace.

3.Sweaters and Dress Pants

Again, classic, yet totally chic.

4. Loose blouses on loose blouses

Loose blouses are a win-win because they’re comfortable and free, but you can pair them with a nice pair of pants, and they automatically look infinitely more professional.

5. Simple Black Dresses

I can’t thank Coco Chanel enough for re-inventing women’s fashion with her revolutionary little black dress. This is perfect not only for jobs and internships, but also for basically any other event you could think of.

Temi is a junior English major who loves programming with the University Program Board, competing on the Varsity Track and Field team, and being part of her wonderful sorority. She is a firm believer that the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body and language is the most powerful force in the universe.