element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Laurie Doucet ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Program: Criminology and Criminal Justice with a concentration in Psychology

Relationship Status: In a relationship

This California sweetheart has travelled the continent and tells us about what makes a good partner, advice on relationships and how she may have a few hidden talents when it comes to playing Halo.

Describe yourself for us!

I’m the kind of girl who loves a bit of everything. I love going out dancing, and I also love sitting at home watching movies. I love meeting new people, and I’m always open to trying something new at least once. I’m really into aesthetic and art things, like makeup, fashion, singing, dancing, and especially acting. I’m also the kind of girl who hates seeing anything or anyone hurt or sad. I always need to cheer them up however I can, whether it’s a shoulder to cry on, eating junk food and talking it out, or offering funny jokes.

What has been your most memorable date?

The most memorable date I had was when I lived in California. My boyfriend had taken me to the cliff lookout by the beach, and brought blankets out in the box of the pickup truck, and pulled out a platter of fruits, cheese, and bread. We just ate, looked at the stars, talked about anything and everything, and cuddled.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

Well, it’s between Ian Somerhalder or Orlando Bloom. I really can’t pick! Orlando’s accent is just amazing, but Ian’s soft-hearted bad boy character is equally mesmerizing.

What’s one thing that you think not enough guys know about girls?

Not everyone is cut from the same cloth. Some girls love the attention you give them, some girls just want you to listen, and some just need to have fun. We are all unique.

What’s your worst pet peeve?

My biggest pet peeve is dishonesty. Honesty is the best policy. 

If you were trapped on a desert island, who are the three people you’d bring with you?

I would definitely bring my best friend Courtney, because she always makes everything so much more fun, and we could make sure we never get bored. I would also bring Bear Grylls, because let’s be honest: we need food, water and shelter, and he can find all of that no problem right? Lastly, an engineer, or Kim Ung-Yong, either way, someone who can get us off and away from the deserted island and back to civilization!

Any last words for the men out there?

If you are interested, care, or love someone, don’t hesitate. You will never know unless you try, right? The worst that can happen is that he or she doesn’t feel the same, but that doesn’t mean friendship is off limits afterwards!