Everything You Need to Be Your Best Self This Summer

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Ahh, summer…the time to take a nice, relaxing breath after the stress of the school year finally starts to fade away for a few months! Sometimes it can seem overwhelming, you’ll suddenly have all of this free time that you just won’t even know what to do with yourself now that you aren’t falling asleep into the books at the library! Well, lucky for you, we have a list of all the summertime necessities that will make you be your best self during our favorite season of the year. 

1. Simply Summer’s Eve Gentle Foaming Wash (in Coconut Water and Mandarin Orange) and Simply Summer’s Eve Cleansing Cloths (in Coconut Water and Mandarin Orange)

Summer’s Eve is known for having gentle cleansing products that allow your body to maintain its healthy pH, and their new line just made things even better! Their new cleansing cloths come in insanely fresh scents like coconut water and mandarin blossom, and are perfect for throwing in your bag for those times you need to freshen up while on the go! They also released a new gentle cleansing foam that will become your new favorite product in your shower! It rinses away oder-causing bacteria without leaving any residue, which is a total win in our book! 

2. Secret Invisible Solid Cool Waterlily

Summer and hot weather go hand-in-hand, so you’ll need to be stocked up on the best deoderant! Secret’s new Fresh line will keep you fresh for 48 hours, and comes in 11 different fragrances to keep you smelling great all day long. These are definitely a must-have for the summer (and all year!) 

3. Steripod Toothbrush Protector

If you thought toothbrush protectors were only used for travelling, then you are way wrong! Steripod’s actually uses an active ingredient cause thymol (which is found in many mouthwashes and oral antiseptics), to create a safe environment for your toothbrush between uses. Basically, it’s everything you never knew you needed. These little pods last for three whole months, so you’ll be set for the whole summer with one of these! 

4. essence cosmetics – Eyebrow Designer

Great sculpted brows are the biggest trend, and we can all achieve perfection with this eyebrow pencil! Not only is this the perfect all-in-one tool, but it’s a cruelty-free line as well! 

5. Penguin Random House – White Fur by Jardine Libaire

Ahh, young love. It’s something we can all relate to, and this book definitely is relatable! This timeless Romeo and Juliet-inspired novel will surely be a perfect summer read! 

We hope you enjoy your summer, collegiettes! 

Taylor Petschl

Cal Poly '18

Taylor Petschl is a Cal Poly SLO alum and is currently attending Boston University for graduate school. She is a former campus correspondent and editorial intern for Her campus!