17 things a Cal Poly first-year thinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

1. I haven’t said the Pledge of Allegiance in, like, a year.

2. I can’t believe I have a 7 a.m. class right now. Is the world even awake?

3. Look, a turkey! Wait … five turkeys!

4. It’s a beautiful day. Again.

5. My stomach says, “It’s lunchtime,” but my class schedule says, “Die instead.”

6. I’m hungry, but … campus food.

7. Is that even meat?

8. What if I don’t want to spend exactly $10.75 for my meal plan; what if I only need $7?

9. VGs burrito, I can’t decide if I love you or hate you.

10. Why is Jamba Juice so far?!

11. I can make it to class. The Starbucks line is only, like, 54 people long right now.

12. What is that smell? Oh, horses. Hi horses.

13. I could study, or I could get YoCre.

14. I think someone stole my Plu$ Dollars.

15. It’s Friday and I have four meals left.

16. I have so much to say about this Cal Poly SLO confession, but I’m afraid to comment.

17. I kinda love it here. Good choice, 18-year-old me.

Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8
Sophia Liu

Cal Poly '19

Sophia Liu is a second-year architecture major and media arts minor at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She grew up in a little town in Los Angeles County. A wild dreamer, she loves photography, fashion, and big cities.