stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

Best Hiking Spots Near Cal Lutheran

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Hiking is a great way to enjoy nature with your friends and get a great workout in.  I personally enjoy hiking because I get discover new chill spots while also listening to a podcast.  Here are some of the best hiking trails near Cal Lutheran:

1. Hike to the CLU letters.  This hike is pretty short with a few steep moments, great for beginners or if you are short on time.
  2. Wildwood Park: Paradise Falls.  Great for those photographers or Instagrammers.  The waterfall is great for pictures, along with the teepee you see along the way.  This hike is about medium difficulty and will take a little bit of time to complete.  It’s a great hike for family and friends.
  3. Santa Monica Mountains.  This is a hike that you will have to drive to but once you do it is completely worth it.  There are so many beautiful sites and trails ranging from easy to difficult.
  4. Escondido Falls.  This is also a hike that you will have to drive to but is completely worth it.  There’s another beautiful waterfall for all those nature lovers and photographers.  This hike is great for those just starting to get into hiking.
  5. Zuma Canyon Trails.  With the short drive from campus, beautiful and a great way to spend a weekend.

What are your top hiking spots? Or, if you are not usually the type of person to go on hikes I hope I have inspired you to try some of my favorite trails near Cal Lu!