This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Year: 2016 // He’s in the first year of his graduate program at CLU.

Major: Counseling and College Student Personnel Program

From: Stevenson Ranch, CA

Fun fact: He’s a twin!

Her Campus Cal Lutheran: What’s your favorite quote?

Andrew Castro: “BAM”- Emeril Lagasse, just kidding. “If you can dream it, you can do it.”- Walt Disney 

HCCLU: If you had to describe yourself with one word what would it be and why?

AC: Motivated. I say motivated because I always have a reason for doing the things I do. The motivation drives me to do my best with any task and it gives me purpose. 

HCCLU: What’s your favorite part of CLU?

AC: As an undergrad, I really appreciated the small community feel at CLU, it really felt like home. Now that I’m in grad school, I would say that I appreciate the relationships I built with staff, faculty, and students as an undergrad because I turn to them when I need help even though I’m not on campus every day. 

HCCLU: Why did you decide to come to CLU?

AC: I decided to attend CLU because I had heard so many great things about it and it was the perfect distance from home, it was definitely my first choice! 

HCCLU: What were you a part of at CLU?

AC: As an undergrad, I was a Resident Assistant, a Student Leader and Intern in Student Support Services, I was the president of the Latin American Student Organization my senior year, and I was a 4-A-Cause Intern when I was a junior. As a grad student, I am a member of the Graduate & Professional Student Council. 

HCCLU: What are you currently doing now?

AC: I currently work at Occidental College as a Graduate Housing Coordinator, I assist in the logistical side of Residence Life where I help with work orders, building management, and occupancy. Recently I also became the supervisor for the multicultural hall on campus and I am the supervisor for 4 RA’s with the common goal of educating students about issues of diversity and social justice. 

HCCLU: What was your dream job as an undergraduate? What’s your dream job now?

AC: My dream job as an undergrad was to be a doctor, that dream fizzled away (literally 2 weeks into school) when I realized life wasn’t going to be like Scrubs or Grey’s Anatomy and I learned that chemistry and physics just weren’t my thing and I can’t stand the sight of blood. Now I want to go into Student Affairs, I know I love working with students and I loved my experience as an RA so I would say I definitely want to start out in Residence Life when I enter the workforce. 

Leslie Madrigal

Cal Lutheran '20

Hello, my name is Leslie Madrigal. I am a senior at Cal Lutheran double-majoring in Criminal Justice and Spanish with a minor in Ethnic Studies! Besides being a part of Her Campus, I am also the Co-President for the Latin American Student Organization, Vice President of My Generation My Fight, and Secretary for the Criminal Justice Student Association. I work on campus at the Office of the President as well as having an off campus job in retail. And I volunteer for the Safe Passage Program through the Criminal Justice Department.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!