5 TV Shows to Binge-Watch this Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

It’s October! One of the spookiest months of the year! It’s time for all things scary, suspenceful, and supernatural. Here are the best, binge worthy shows to watch this month! 

1.) Stranger Things

I seriously doubt anyone hasn’t watched-or at least heard of- this show, but I’m going to recommend it anyway. Stranger Things is FANTASTIC. It’s suspenseful, and beautiful, and scary, and funny, and nostalgic, and perfect! I think it’s best to go into the show not knowing too much about the story, so all I’ll say is, “Go Watch It!!!” There is only 1 season (8 Episodes) right now. (It is only available on Netflix.) 

2.) Buffy the Vampire Slayer 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a cult classic that screams Halloween and everything supernatural. Follow Buffy Summers as she slays the undead, and join her gang as they solve Scooby-Dooish mysteries! There are 7 seasons. (It is available on Netflix and Amazon Prime.) 

3.) Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell 

300 years ago magic disappeared from England, and an ancient prohpecy says that two magicians will bring it back . This show has eccentric characters, dark magic, amazing special effects, people rising from the dead, war, creepy parties, and shady deals with fairies. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel is a mini-series with 8 Episodes. (It is available on Netflix and Amazon Prime.) 

4.) iZombie

Liv Moore was just a medical student before she went to the boat party that turned her into a zombie. Now, she has to eat brains to stay somewhat human. But thats not the worst of it, she also gets the memories and personality of the brain she eats. Using these new powers and the help of a mortician, she solves murders for the police. iZombie is witty and hilarious with endearing characters and suspenseful mysteries. (There are 2 seasons available on Netflix and Amazon Prime.)

5.) Ghost Adventures 

Whether you believe in ghosts or not, this show is the best! I love seeing the creepy, abandoned buildings and hearing the dark history of the people who resided there. It’s also fun to see the investigators scream and get scared! 

So that wraps up my list! Enjoy your binge-watching and halloween adventures!

Emily Killian

Cal Lutheran

Emily is a Freshman at California Lutheran Univiveristy. She is a writer, reader, collector of books, eater of fried chicken,  equestrian,  photographer, traveler, old soul, and fan-girl of too many t.v shows.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!