freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Thoughts When You’re Single During Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

1. Hallelujah!

You’re just out of school and now you don’t have to worry or deal with someone else all summer long.  You can focus on you!  Pamper yourself, go to the beach, enjoy all the things a significant other might impede on.  You can finally do you!

2. “Well my friends can’t hang out with me, wish I had someone to hang out with…”

You’ll start to crave interaction.  You might think, “I’m lonely, I don’t want to be alone or single anymore.”  You might even start to question all your relationship decisions from the past.  Should you have broken up with your high school sweetheart?  Should you have broken it off with the former significant other from your home town?  Or if you’re still staying around campus during the summer you might ponder where your former fling or FWB is.  You’ll miss the attention (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing).

3. “Who needs an SO when I have wine?!”

You’ll pretend you don’t want a significant other.  You’ll drown your sorrows and desires in whatever you find necessary, whether it’s wine or smothered fries.  You’ll find that one thing that comforts you in ways that another person could not and binge on it.

4. “Let’s go out!!” 

You’ll go out with your friends and try to meet new people.  You’ll flirt, flip your hair, progressigly get more and more intoxicated and/or flirty.  You’ll use your signature moves.  Eventually you’ll meet people, but you realize that these people aren’t the type of people you’d want to actually date.  These are people you meet out who want to flirt and hook up.  If they’re not, then they’re unicorns. 

And that’s the moment.  You realize that being single isn’t so bad.  You have your girls.  They’ll be there always, good time and bad.  They’ll be the ones to go out with you, make sure you get home okay.  They’ll be the ones who won’t judge you for gorging on cheese fries and pizza when you’ve had a bad day (or week).  

Your girls are forever and you 10/10 would squad up again with them. 

Born and raised in the northernmost state, Alaska, Marissa flew south to College of Charleston for a little more sun and a little more heat.  She believes a good life involves coffee, puppies, and more coffee and free time is her favorite thing not to have.