How To Do Your Freshman/Sophomore Years of College Rights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

Being almost done with my sophomore year, i’ve already experienced freshman year and have realized this year how many opportunities I missed out on, here are 2 major things that i’ve learned that unfortunately i didn’t take advantage of to its’ fullest!

1. Get involved!

Joining clubs and putting yourself out there is one of the best ways to figure yourself out as you’re entering college and it’s an easy way to find the right friends who share the same interests as you. It’s something that’s easier to do as a freshman or sophomore because then you get to keep all the experiences and friends with you as you get further into your college career.

2. Surround yourself with people who have their priorities straight.

A big mistake I made my freshman year, was surrounding myself with girls who love to party and put that before school. I would spend majority of my time with them then when it came to school I would be on my own. It really took a toll on my grades; this year i made the effort to surround myself with the people who put school as a priority. This doesn’t mean you can’t party, it just means that they realize what’s more important- once that’s done then thats when you can party/hangout. In the end, you are in college for primarily the academics, then the experiences.