This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Oh January, although you welcome us with the excitement of a new year and frequent white fluffy snowfalls, you also carry with you sore throats, bitter-cold mornings and a sense of longing for the five long weeks we just spent in our cozy homes with no homework to bring us down. Once again, we have reached that time of year when the novelty of the new semester has worn off, and we collegiates may start to fall into a winter “funk”.  But, there are plenty of ways to cope with whatever you are feeling this winter, and Her Campus Bucknell is here to help!

Stressed Out? Good News! The Counseling and Student Development Center is continuing their “mindfulness menu” this semester with everything from therapy dogs, to yoga for wellness and mental health. Whether you are overloaded with work, or the winter months just leave you feeling a little down in the dumps, grab your friends and take a minute to stop, take a deep breath, and put things into perspective.

Homesick? In addition to Facetiming your parents and staring at pictures of your dog all day, making some small additions to your room here at Bucknell could be all you need to make yourself feel cozier and more “at home”.

Diffuse Coziness with a Diffuser: Treat yourself to a $20 essential oil and water diffuser from Amazon, and your room will immediately transform into a spa. Plus, most electric diffusers double as a humidifier, which can be a lifesaver during the dry wintertime.

Cozy Robes and Fuzzy Rugs: If the cedar block walls and scratchy carpet have you missing the warmth at home, try investing in a fluffy robe and warm area rug to cozy up your room and make it something you’re excited to come home to!

Early Sunset Draining Your Energy? Arguably one of the most painful parts of the wintertime is that it seems to get dark earlier and earlier everyday. Although we have reached a point when the days are slowly getting longer again, nothing compares to the 9pm sunsets in the summer. So, if the darkness of winter is leaving you tired and groggy, try one of the workout classes at the gym or get off campus for dinner on a Friday night to change up your schedule and get a little more pep in your step!

Lily is a first- year student at Bucknell University, from Baltimore, MD. She is the youngest of three children, with two older brothers who live in New York and Boston. She has two dogs, Cooper and Nellie, and if you meet her in person she has probably already shown you the thousands of pictures she has of them on her phone. Lily loves to sing and play guitar, is passionate about fashion and beauty, and is so excited to be a HerCampus writer for Bucknell!
What's up Collegiettes! I am so excited to be one half of the Campus Correspondent team for Bucknell's chapter of Her Campus along with the lovely Julia Shapiro.  I am currently a senior at Bucknell studying Creative Writing and Sociology.