This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Each year, Bucknell Student Callers reach out to alumni and ask them to contribute a donation to the annual one-day Annual Fund giving challenge. This year, on April 24, Bucknell reached its goal more than five times over! According to Bucknell’s website, “this year’s theme was “$250K in a Day.” The Bucknell Board of Trustees pledged $50,000 for every 250 gifts made to the Annual Fund on April 24, up to a total of $250,000 for 1,250 donors.” Bucknellians all over the world in Australia, Europe, Asia and Africa were contacted to participate in the challenge. As the day went on and Bucknellians continued to donate, President Bravman and his wife, Professor Wendelin Wright, pledged $10,000 if the Annual Fund team reached 2,500 donors. The Student Callers passed this goal a short two hours after President Bravman’s pledge. The success of this giving challenge demonstrates the dedication and supportiveness of Bucknell’s community! Keep on giving, Bucknell.

Read more here!

http://www.bucknell.edu/news-and-media/current-news/2014/april/bucknellians-rally-to-raise-16-million-in-one-day.html