Top Fall Movie Picks for Every Fan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Top Fall Movie Picks for Every Fan It’s October, AKA the month of all things Fall and well, Halloween. Time to drink up on venti pumpkin spice lattes, cozy up in soft sweaters, and carve pumpkins. Halloween has some of the best films out there, regardless of what kind of movie fan you are. Whether you like gory horror movies or rom-coms, there’s plenty of classics out there for you to enjoy on the couch this Fall. Here are this season’s top movie picks:

ROM-COM When Harry Met Sally

If this film poster doesn’t get you excited for sweater weather, than who knows what will. Autumn leaves and love are in the air in this classic American rom-com When Harry Met Sally. This flick explores the idea of men and women just being friends — and the best part is, it takes place in New York City in the fall.

THRILLER Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers

This is a CLASSIC thriller featuring the famous fictional Halloween character, Michael Meyers. The infamous piano theme song probably will haunt you for a few weeks, but it’s a film worth watching if you’re looking for a thriller. This movie is pretty unpredictable and will keep you on the edge of your seat during the entire duration of the film.

GORY Scream

Caution: UBER SCARY. You might need to curl up to a loved one during this chilling horror film, as it’s extra gory. It’s about a group of teens that are stalked — and slowly picked off one by one by a masked killer with a hunting knife. (see movie film poster above for a photo of him). Just a heads up, you might have nightmares after watching this spooky film.

CLASSIC It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

This emmy-nominated primetime Halloween special follows the Peanuts as they celebrate Halloween, with Linus hoping that they will get a visit by The Great Pumpkin. This animated special will surely warm your heart if you are looking for a pick-me-up after a bad day. Grab some popcorn and candy corn and sit back and relax this movie with friends or family.

MYSTERY Psycho

For all of you mystery lovers out there, this is one is a gem (FYI it has a 97% approval rating on rottentomatoes.com). If you’re looking for a thriller movie without all of the blood and violence, this is for you. famous for its famous shower scene, this classic thriller created by Alfred Hitchcock will surely leave you wanting more.