TBT: Where Are They Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Do you ever wonder where your favorite childhood stars and heartthrobs are today? Keep reading and find out!

Aaron Carter

Remember the days of listening to “I Want Candy” or watching him kiss Lizzy McGuire during the Christmas episode? Arguably the “Justin Bieber” of the 90s, every girl had a crush on Aaron Carter at one point in their lives. So, what has Aaron Carter been up to these days? As TMZ so cleverly put it, he “may want candy, but he can’t afford it anymore.” Aaron Carter has filed for bankruptcy. The use-to-be teenage heartthrob pop sensation, believe it or not, is currently on tour right now so you still have the chance to listen to his (beautiful?) voice one last time. Unfortunately for Aaron, he owes the IRS $1,368,140. Let’s hope his tour sells out.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/21/aaron-carter-files-bankruptcy-dog/

Frankie Muniz

Remember agent Cody Banks? Frankie Muniz was your typical childhood actor; portraying many diverse roles from a teenage undercover government agent to a teenage Hollywood movie writer in “Big Fat Liar.” Where is Frankie Muniz now? He’s in Pennsylvania! Frankie is the drummer of a local band called Kingsfoil. The band formed in 2002 in York, Pa. and has played at Bucknell twice now. Some of our lucky peers have actually had the privilege of meeting Frankie Muniz.

Orlando Brown

Remember Eddie, Raven’s sidekick in “That’s So Raven?” He was in jail this year. The Disney Channel star received a DUI in 2011 and then failed to show proof that he completed court-ordered alcohol education classes. In the last year, four bench warrants were issued for his arrest when he continuously failed to follow various court orders. Poor Eddie.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/09/thats-so-raven-orlando-brown-jail-sentence-dui/

Freddie Prinze Jr.

Everyone will, and should, always love Freddie Prinze Jr. He was the teen heartthrob of the ’90s staring in movies such as “She’s All That” and “Summer Catch.” Where is Freddie now? He is still perfect. He married actress Sarah Michelle Gellar (talk about celebrity power couple of the ’90s), and they have two kids. He is still doing a little acting, and he is still beautiful. 

Drake Bell and Josh Peck

Drake and Josh had the ultimate bromance on Nickelodeon. The comedy between the two of them seemed effortless and their show was very successful. Where are they now? Drake still does some acting and is still a musician. He is currently working on the release of his third album. Josh is also still acting and is looking great these days. He is also very popular on Vine. 

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com