Perfect Halloween Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

You have your costume picked out; you outrageously decked your dorm room out with pumpkins, ghost decorations, and fake spiders; and your candy stash is piling up in your room. Yet, you are still missing one crucial component of really getting into the spooky spirit:  Halloween music. Halloween and music go together almost as perfectly as pumpkin and spice. Luckily, I have compiled a playlist of Halloween classics, covers, and contemporary songs that pair up perfectly with your sexy cat costume. This year, when you’re sitting in your dorm preparing for a night filled with candy, dancing, and most importantly, awesome costumes, blast this creepy, fun, and modern playlist to really get in the spirit.

1. “This Is Halloween” – Panic! At the Disco
  2. “Dead Man’s Bones” – Dead Man’s Bones
  3. “Monster Mash” – The Misfits
  4. “Dragula” – Rob Zombie
  5. “Thriller” – Michael Jackson
  6. “Phantom of the Opera” – Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
  7. “A Nightmare on My Street” – D.J. Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
  8. “Time Warp” – Rocky Horror Picture Show
  9. “Ghost” – Halsey
  10. “Werewolves of London” – Warren Zevon
  11. “Superstition” – Stevie Wonder (Funkanomics Remix)
  12. “Halloween” – The Misfits
  13. “Ghostbusters” – Theme Song
Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com