Meet: John Cummins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

1. What is the day in the life for you as head honchos of respective areas of Bucknell’s Dining Services?

Fast paced and lots of fun! Our students and staff keep me running but the days go super fast and the rewards are lots of people who are not hungry!

2. What do you see as the future of Bucknell’s Dining on campus considering the new construction and ever-changing foodie-world?

I think we try to stay ahead of the curve and evolve with the trends so I predict an “unpredictable” future! Seriously, we constantly evolve with input from guests, students and the culinary world.

3. What is one word of advice for eager students looking to navigate the Bucknell’s food realm at the constantly popular 12 p.m. lunch block?

RUN! No really just plan what you want and try to anticipate the times and lines, also look for new ordering options in the future (?)

4. What should students expect next from Dining Services?

I hope you can expect the unexpected! We want to meet needs and even anticipate them (like the Chobani Bar) and we plan on continuing that type of integration of new offerings.

5. If you could eat one meal from either the Bison or Bostwick for an entire semester, what would it be and why?

LOVE THE SUSHI!

6. If you could tell the students of Bucknell one best kept secret about Dining Services what would it be?

We really love what we do and we really enjoy serving all of you!

Fast Qs:

1. Quinoa bar or guac bar? GUAC
  2. Sandwich line or wrap line? SANDWICH
  3. Mongo Bongo or Mac ’N Cheese Mondays? MONGO
Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com