Meet: Jessica Maguire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Meet Jessica Maguire! Jessica is very involved on Bucknell’s campus. As a member of Chi Omega, Jessica was recently awarded with the honor of being Sorority Woman of the Year. She also was a Homecoming Hostess in addition to being an Orientation Leader. Learn more about Jessica here!

How does it feel to be Sorority Woman of the Year? What kind of work went into earning this honorable title?I am truly honored to be Sorority Woman of the Year on a campus of so many amazing women. My sisters in Chi Omega promised me a chance to flourish. By giving me two executive positions and a ton of support, this dream was a reality. While the title is nice, I am most excited about the two major philanthropy events my sisters and I were able to host this year, granting two Make-A-Wish wishes.

When did you start to become involved on campus? How do you balance everything you’re involved in? While I first became involved on campus in the Catholic Campus Ministry, I gained my first leadership position as an Orientation Assistant. From there, I was lucky enough to join the sisters of Chi Omega and later that semester, receive my position as an Orientation Leader! Balancing everything was difficult at times, but I had many Bucknellians help me along the way, especially when I was only running on a few hours of sleep! 

What was it like being Homecoming Hostess this year? What was your role as Homecoming Hostess?Becoming a Homecoming Host was a dream come true. Since the moment I stepped on campus I have had such a love for Bucknell. Being able to share that passion and love with the alumni, parents, friends and family of Bucknell will be something I cherish forever. As Homecoming Host I greeted alumni and, in the future, will serve as a primary contact for reuniting my class of 2014 for our zero-year reunion in the fall!

What can we expect next from you? Next year I will be working with the Schuler Scholar Program in Chicago. It is a program that aims to help under-resourced high school students matriculate to elite colleges. I will help provide academic support, cultural activities, and leadership development training to ensure that they don’t just make it to college but that they succeed! 

Fun Facts

1. I was on the front cover of the New York Times 
  2. I was levitated in a Las Vegas Magic Show 
  3. I’ve danced on Broadway
  4. I’ve lived in 5 U.S. States 

Favorites 

• The Chi Omega Suite – good friends and some really comfy couches 
  • Tomato soup and Grilled Cheese 
  • Leadership taught by Professor Gruver was my favorite class. 
  • My favorite thing about Bucknell is being able to share all of these amazing memories with my true best friend and twin sister, Kristin Maguire.