“I have nothing to wear!”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s another Friday night or Saturday afternoon when you’re sifting through all your drawers and flipping through various hangers when you come to the realization that “I hate everything in my closet!” Maybe you claim that you have nothing to wear or maybe you forgot to do your laundry… for a few weeks. The worst part about feeling that you literally have nothing to wear and you can’t even is that you don’t know where to turn next.

But that’s the whole point: your closet is overflowing with outfit options– you just aren’t looking hard enough or finding them. Going to college means wearing outfits that are easy and comfortable, yet still complimenting. Basics are quintessential, but it’s even more important to know how to mix it up every once in a blue moon. 

Your Favorite White T-Shirt Your closet has seen fads come and go, but your handy dandy white tee has always been there for you in the back of your closet, and has yet to let you down. Whether it’s a cheap Hanes v-neck or a soft J. Crew crewneck, they’re always comfortable, relaxed, and easy to accessorize! Add a scarf or necklace either to make a statement or add a pop of color.

Those One Pair of Skinny Jeans Every girl has one of those jeans that she’d had for years. They’ve never disappointed, and always give the illusion of longer legs. The best part? These pair of dark wash blue jeans can we worn casually during the day, and then again that same night when you go out with friends.

Layers, Layers, and Some More Layers After checking the weather app every single morning before you get out of bed, it’s no brainer that it’s getting colder out, and we won’t be graced by the sun’s presence again for a few more months. And for this very reason, we need to bundle up! Pair a collared shirt, like a denim or plaid blouse, under a solid color sweater. And if you’re still cold after that, add another layer like a cute pea coat or army style jacket. 

Turn Summer Clothes into Winter Clothes Want to maximize your closet space? Turn to your other seasonal outfits for inspiration. If you love that flirty skirt from this past summer, maybe wear it with tights, sweater, and booties. 

Swap till You Drop One of the beauties of attending college is realizing that you share all of your clothes with your friends, and your closet is therefore never ending. Whether it’s borrowing or swapping, take advantage of closets that aren’t your own! Or, check out the local thrift store or good will for super cheap options that you can buy.

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com