How to Kick Up Your Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It is obvious from walking around campus or downtown that one trend that has made a comeback this year is the revival of sneakers. Whether it be Adidas Superstars, a pair of suede pumas or your classic Nikes, it is clear that this trend is back and ready to stay. While I am big fan of rocking these new accessories, it can be hard at times to find the right kind of outfit to wear them with. Her Campus came up with a helpful guide for when you want to wear your new sneakers out but aren’t sure what exactly to pair them with.

Adidas Superstars

This classic pair of sneakers has made a great comeback from the 90’s. The classic white and black look makes them easy to wear with a great pair of ripped jeans and loose t-shirt. In the summer you can rock your Superstars with a pair of jean shorts and baggy sweatshirt. These versatile sneakers are a trend that will be around for a while. And if you aren’t into the original black and white, check out the other colors such as green, red or all black.

High-top Vans

These new high-top Vans are one of the more popular sneakers trend that has made a comeback and also may be one of the harder ones to pair. Available in a wide range of colors from white, cream, black or even purple, these shoes are best paired with skinny jeans or patterned shorts. These shoes also pair well with a dress or romper to give your outfit a bit of an edgier look. If you feel like dressing up, you can match your vans with a solid colored jumpsuit for a sophisticated yet casual look.

Suede Pumas:

While Pumas have definitely been off the grid for the past few years, their original suede sneaker has made a major comeback in the revival of the sneaker trend. These shoes go great with a pair of light washed jeans and trendy blazer or jacket. Their wide range of fun colors lets you go for the more classic black or mix it up with pink, maroon or dark blue. Either way, the suede look of this shoe gives it a fancier feel, making it perfect to match with an outfit you wear to work or out on the town.

Nike:

While these Nikes are just like any other gym shoes, the workout look has definitely made a strong comeback. These classic Nikes go great with a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt. Or while paired with joggers and a V-neck, these shoes will give you a sporty but casual look. These outfits are perfect for lounging around at home, traveling or running errands around town. Plus, this fun workout look may even motivate you to hit the gym while you’re out!