This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Holiday crafts are a great way to brighten your dorm room or make someone smile. Pinterest is an amazing source for hundreds of thousands of cute, affordable ideas for crafts. I’ve included some decoration crafts as well as crafts that can be given as gifts. Spread the cheer and proCRAFTinate!

Trying to cope with winter-boredom? Get festive with some holiday crafts! Finding time to decorate your dorm room for the holidays can be really difficult. With finals and extracurricular activities, it can seem like a waste of time. However, studying in a cozy, welcoming area with festive décor will lighten your mood during the dreaded final exam studying period. Feel free to browse this blog article “45 Budget-Friendly Last Minute DIY Christmas Decorations” to amp up the holiday spirit in your dorm room!

Take this easy bottle decoration for example. All you need is some paint, a bottle, and some extra accessories to transform your old bottles into adorable holiday decorations.

Many collegiettes face the Holiday-time struggle: trying to make sure that they have something special for everyone on their college Christmas list. However, this can be really costly. But it doesn’t have to be! DIY crafted gifts are cute, easy and even more meaningful, requiring more effort than selecting which shipping method you prefer on Amazon. By crafting your own holiday gift, you get the satisfaction of giving a great gift and the sense of accomplishment when your project is complete.

Home Made Scrabble Tile CoastersThis craft allows you to include personalized messages (inside jokes, names, memories) to make the gift extra special.  This gift is not only useful, but really thoughtful! For instructions follow this link.

Magical Mason JarThis craft is perfect for when you have to come up with a gift to give to someone you aren’t too close with, or if you’re not really sure what to give someone. The hand-made effort adds thoughtfulness to it, and the way these jars glow is really beautiful. For instructions follow this link.

Easy Sharpie MugsYou can find countless tutorials for Sharpie mugs on Pinterest or Google, but the method is pretty much the same. You simply take a mug, draw the design, and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes letting it cool in the oven. Here are some more ideas.

Hidden Money Jar(Because who doesn’t love chocolate and money)The next two crafts are for those of us who are not as artistically inclined. This craft, requires a mason jar, M&Ms, a toilet paper roll wrapped in gift wrap, a bit of cash, and some optional accessories. The money will be hidden from the outside when the top to the jar is attached.  Visit this link for more ideas and tips.

Sweetest Sleigh RideThis gift is perfect for a little gesture to spread some holiday cheer. All that is needed is: two candy canes, a KitKat, some mini chocolate bars, and some ribbon and bow to keep the sleighs together. (Craft courtesy of.cutediyprojects.com)

Sources:http://rescuedpaw.com/post/100498203178/diy-crochet-scrabble-tile-coaste…

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com