Campus Celeb: Taylor Reeh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Meet Taylor Reeh. The head of Bison Pals and a keynote speaker for Relay for Life, she is doing big things this spring! Read more to see how she got involved with both of these wonderful organizations and more about her experiences as a leader at Bucknell

1. Why did you get involved in Bison Pals?

I got involved in Bison Pal because I think that it is a great organization and I strongly feel that every one of us has a duty to give back to the community. Bison Pals works with local mentally disabled adults that are just looking for a friend. Being able to give back and put a smile on these people’s faces is one of the most rewarding experiences and we all have an obligation to help others around us.  

2. How do you feel about being a Keynote for Relay for Life?

I am so excited about speaking at Relay for Life. Like so many others at Bucknell, I have lost someone very close to me, my mom, to this terrible disease. I am honored to be able to share my story with the community that has helped me through the hardship so much. Relay For Life is a wonderful organization that gives hope to everyone that has been touched by cancer and I am grateful to be a part of the event this year. 

3. How have these activities helped you grow both at Bucknell and beyond?

These activities have helped me grow both here on campus and beyond because they have opened my eyes to what is really important in life; the people you spend your time with, the memories you make, and the lives you change. These organizations have taught me that spending time with someone and loving and respecting them is the best gift in the world.

4. What is next for you? Plans for after college?

After college I plan on taking a gap year and working at home in a hospital in Boston before applying to and hopefully going to medical school. It will be a long road ahead, but I hope to someday be able to treat patients and save lives.

5. Favorite event on campus?

My favorite event on campus is Fall Fest. Music, sunshine, and free food; what else could a girl ask for?

6. If you could be one animal what would it be and why?

If I could be any animal it would probably be a Bucknell squirrel because they run this place.

7. One thing you will take away from Bucknell

The most important things that I will take away from Bucknell are the people that I have met and the friendships that I have made. The relationships that I have made here have changed my life and have helped me grow into the person I am today. 

Devin is a sophomore at Bucknell University. She is intending to be a Markets, Innovation and Design major in the School of Management, and is also pursuing a minor in Creative Writing. She can be found giving tours around campus, doing homework on the quad, or dancing in her apartment with her friends. Devin also writes for the HC Bucknell chapter, and loves all things Her Campus! Outside of school and HC, she enjoys playing sports, reading, singing, and trying new foods. In fact, her life motto is "eat dessert first." Devin is very excited to be the Management Intern at HC headquarters in Boston this summer!