This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

HC Bucknell is deeply saddened and disappointed by the behavior that occurred on Bucknell’s campus last week. We would like to take a moment to publicly–and virtually– stand up and say that those hurtful words should not be a representation of us, as a constituent alongside WVBU of Bucknell media and Bucknell students as a whole. We do not feel in any degree the same as the words that were uttered on the radio nor do we stand by to allow them to be repeated. We aim to fight against such discrimination, and pledge to speak up in the defense of all of our, that is all of our, Rights. Please join us as we continue to come together as a single body in solidarity with BSG and other campus organizations to support those who are hurt and work to eradicate such despicable behavior.

HC Bucknell is here as an outlet for anyone who needs it; please feel free to contact Liz Bacharach (ekb006@) and/or Margaret Hilton (mah044@) with any comments, questions, or concerns as we move forward as a campus against racism.

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com