Wednesday Night Live: BU Comedians Come Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Come down to BU Central (located in the basement of the GSU) this Wednesday, October 24th to watch a variety of hilarious BU comedy acts come together for a showcase called “Wednesday Night Live.” If you are a fan of Saturday Night Live, comedy in general, or just need a good study break, this event is for you. Beth Brodsky, Frank Marasco, Ian Barton, Jasper Craven, Ross Huston, Liz Arcury, and Cody Brotter, all Boston University students, will be performing their stand-up act this Wednesday.

“Wednesday Night Live” was created in the fall of 2011 and has since had eight successful shows. These showcases have brought together many comedy groups on campus and have even intrigued many local Boston comedians. “We wanted a non-competitive atmosphere for strictly comedy performances, and strictly BU student performers,” says Brotter, who will be co-hosting this Wednesday with Liz Arcury.

Luckily for all BU students, this monthly showcase is free! Therefore, there is no excuse not to watch your fellow BU classmates perform. “It’s a daunting honor to do all-new material but there’s this genuine sense of support and camaraderie among the comics on campus,” says Brotter. If you cannot attend this Wednesday’s show, make sure to save the dates November 28th (performances by Liquid Fun, BU’s renowned improv comedy group) and December 7th (a special Friday performance: A Birthday Celebration for Aaron Carter).

Catch “Wednesday Night Live” at 8:00pm (doors at 7:30pm) at BU Central this Wednesday, October 24th.