Three Perfect Concert Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

There is a delicate art to the ideal concert ensemble. It seems that looking cute must entail being hot, itchy, or just generally uncomfortable. But don’t worry, through some crowd surfing, er, serious research, we’ve discovered the pieces you can’t go wrong with. Whether you’re rocking out at Passion Pit or doing the “Single-Ladies” dance with Beyoncé, here are three perfect concert outfits for any collegiate.

Look 1: Build your look around a pair of versatile leather shorts and semi-opaque tights in the same or a contrasting color (oxblood looks great with black). Choose a cotton top with a lace-back for some visual interest, and tuck it in halfway. For shoes, booties with a short heel are your best bet — they’re comfortable for jumping around and protect your toes from getting stepped on! Finish off the look with a couple stacks of bracelets and a cross-body bag that keeps your arms free for dancing.

Look 2: Printed jeans are definitely a fun alternative to dark denim. To balance out the skinny bottoms, pair them with an oversized silk tank. A leather jacket with zippered pockets toughens up the look and keeps your cash and ID safe (plus you get to skip the bag-checking line). Layer a cool pendant necklace over a few thin chains, then add some smoking slippers to complete the outfit.

Look 3: Coated jeans have the sleek look of leather leggings with the comfort of traditional denim. Choose a dark colored pair and throw on a bright graphic T for pop. A chained bag in a muted tone doesn’t compete with your shirt, and a cocktail ring with edgy earrings keeps the look simple. Tie everything together with wedge ankle booties that are sophisticated but comfortable. 

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."