Their Way, Our Way: Her Campus College Fashion Week Kicks off in Boston

Posted -

This past Friday, free treats met wearable campus fashions at Her Campus’ College Fashion Week’s Boston debut. Her Campus teamed with Kotex to promise collegiates a night to remember; or as they put it, “to spice up your life!” Windsor Hanger, one of the fabulous HC founders, was the fashionable host of College Fashion Week.

Her Campus took over The Estate and transformed this nightclub, bringing the New York Fashion Week atmosphere to Boston college students. Upon entering, guests eagerly welcomed the exclusive but fun vibe of fashion weeks, with the dim lighting and music of nightclubs we know all too well in college. Upstairs, College Survival Packs stuffed full with Luna Bars, Classy Cups, Scunci hair ties, and UNREAL candy bars, greeted collegiates. For those who didn’t have enough of the event’s free treats—obviously, all of us—there was free Pinkberry and Chipotle as well.

Free food aside, the highlight of CFW was of course, the fashion! Have you ever seen a runway show showing off future trends? Say, models in winter clothes making their way down the runway, while you’re still in shorts?! Well, this runway show was a bit different. Her Campus brought us a fashion show with clothes we could buy and wear right away, even modeled by local college students! The show was broken down into the essentials every college girl needs to fit into her too-small dorm closet: clothes for class, the gym, weekends, and formals.

Whether you were at the foot of the CFW runway, or back at BU, I’m sure you’re sick of hearing about the event and ready to see some cute clothes already! Read on for the HCBU College Fashion Week Photo Essay. And yes, that is code for cute clothes. Be sure to look out for our fabulous team members Lyla Kamigaki, Schuyler Silverman, Jomarie Polanco, Maggie Scenna, Sam Bello, and Brooke Fitzgerald showing those New York Fashion Week models how it’s really done on the runway. 

Pages

Comments

About The Author

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.

More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/