Superdry USA: How You Can Become a Brand Ambassador!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Meet Michael Martens, the president of Superdry USA, a clothing company that is sweeping college campuses across the nation. Keep reading for your chance to be a brand embassador and win a FREE parka from the website.

HerCampus BU: How did you start working for Superdry USA?

Michael Martens: There are thousands of jobs in retail, but very few where you have the opportunity to build a brand from the ground up. That is what I found with Superdry USA and what drew me to this position. I related to the product, the team, and the story of the brand. It has been a perfect fit.

HCBU: What do you do on a daily basis as the President of a clothing company?

MM: Every day is a balancing act of solving the day-to-day issues while spending enough time planning and strategizing for the future. Our team has been growing, so I’ve been spending more time working on our future retail expansion and wholesale strategy. We have some very exciting things in the works.

HCBU: What is your favorite part about your job?

MM: I love that every day is different. I come into work every day with a new set of challenges and opportunities. It’s about solving the challenges, learning from them, and working to maximize the opportunities. 

HCBU: How would you describe Superdry USA’s style?

MM: The unique thing about Superdry is that there really is something for everyone. From soft sport hoodies, to preppy button downs, to motorcycle-inspired leathers—any girl will find an amazing piece to add to her wardrobe. 

HCBU: What advice would you give to girls who are looking to be involved in the fashion industry?

MM: Work hard, network and follow up on any opportunities, and most importantly – intern! 

And, here is your chance to get involved with Superdry USA!

Superdry University Program

Last month, global fashion brand Superdry USA launched a Facebook initiative to engage socially savvy, trendsetting juniors and seniors to join Superdry University on Facebook and compete virally to become Superdry’s brand ambassadors. As the face of Superdry USA on campus, the winners will receive $1,000 of Superdry’s latest clothing, a $500 payment and a chance to compete for a potential position within the company upon graduation! The ambassadors will be responsible for spreading the Superdry message on campus, participating in both local and campus events, and blogging about campus street style. Students can apply through December 31st by liking Superdry USA’s Facebook page and entering through the Superdry University tab: https://www.facebook.com/SuperdryUSA?sk=app_268708653152993.

Superdry University is accepting applicants from 13 universities across the United States including BU and two winners will be selected at each participating campus, so make sure you apply today!

For those who aren’t juniors or seniors, but love free stuff, make sure to enter our giveaway by liking Superdry USA on Facebook and following them on Twitter to win this coat! After you do both please email ashleyrossi@hercampus.com. Contest ends December 12th.

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.