you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Life Guides Blog Contest: Enter to Win $100 & More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.
Ankit Sinha is a senior at Boston University who is currently working at Life Guides this summer as a marketing intern. As Ankit is clearly starting on his path towards a career, he is also working on ways for other millennials to hop on the first train towards employed. Life Guides provides a unique way for newly grads to learn about jobs directly from current employees. Rather than accepting information from anonymous sources and review sites, students can now gain insights from people their own age who too have recently entered their fields, as well as professionals working at innovative companies for years. As one can imagine, this can provide a huge advantage in terms of future job searching, connecting, and interviewing.
Then, there are ways to give back yourself, by providing your own stories for others. On that note, Life Guides is currently providing college students with an opportunity: to share your “Biggest Internship Surprise.” Whether you were caught in an awkward moment, given a horrendous amount of work, or horribly embarrassed during lunch, there is something you can say. And, if you email your submission to contests@lifeguides.me, you can have a chance to win $100 (amazon gift card) and a free career consultation with Harvard MBA and Life Guides founder, Phil Strazzulla.
What are you waiting for? Get writing! I know I am.
Shannon Stocks is a Junior at Boston University in the Sargent School for Health Sciences, majoring in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences. She has always loved to write and focuses this passion on her poetry. In her free time, you can find her at spin class on Newbury Street, working on a project in the community service center, or at the Hillel House. She loves being a part of the Her Campus Team!
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis