This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Hometown: San Anselmo, CA

Year: 2014

Major: Film and Television

Relationship Status: Single

Sign: Libra

HC: So since you’re a film major, we have to ask: what’s your favorite movie?

JS: You see, that’s a tough question. Since I’ve started really studying film I feel like it’s impossible to pick a favorite because it’s so difficult to compare different genres, so I guess I can’t say I have one.

HC: Fair enough, fair enough. How about directors, anyone in particular inspire you in the film industry?

JS: I’d say Stanley Kubrick, he’s definitely my favorite director.

HC: What movie that’s coming out this year are you most looking forward to?

JS: Definitely Django Unchained, I love Quentin Tarantino. I read the script and it’s awesome.

HC: We’ll have to check it out. Now, we’ve heard you were in a small movie a couple years ago, something called The Prankster …

JS: Ahh, yes, yes I was. I played “Pizza Face.” I mean honestly it was a pretty great experience. I got to meet some great people, actors and other professionals in the industry. I always had a life goal to be in a movie and I worked hard and I accomplished it, I think that’s what I liked most about the whole thing.

HC: That’s awesome! So since you’ve had your big acting debut, what do you like best: being in front of the camera or behind the scenes?

JS: These days, I’d much rather be behind the scenes. Acting is fun but that was really a one-time, bucket list kind of thing. I enjoy acting as a hobby, and I guess I’d do it again, but my real passion is behind the scenes in the industry. 

HC: What do you think you’re most looking forward to this semester?

JS: Honestly, even though I’m a die-hard San Francisco Giants fan, I’m really looking forward to the first Sox game. 

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.