Halloween Costumes for Blondes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Need costume ideas for this Halloween? Her Campus has got you covered. This article is one of three, which give you some ideas for what you should dress as this October 31st, depending on your hair color.

Marilyn Monroe 
This classic costume for blondes will never go out of style! You’ll need a white halter dress, simple heels, red lipstick, her short blonde curly hairstyle, and her signature beauty mark. Optional: fur shawl.?

[pagebreak]
Sookie Stackhouse from TrueBlood
There are 3 ways to do this costume: waitress Sookie, casual Sookie, or fairy Sookie. For waitress Sookie you’ll need a white Merlotte’s t-shirt (order online from HBO or make your own using fabric markers), a dark green apron, black shorts, and keds. For casual Sookie, copy one of her many cute outfits worn on True Blood: usually a sundress and cardigan. The fairy Sookie costume would be your basic fairy costume, minus the wings: wear a tutu or long flowy dress and lots of glitter. The way to make sure all three of these costumes look like Sookie is to add vampire bites on your neck (two red dots of fake blood) and speak in a Southern accent! ?

[pagebreak]
Daisy Buchanan
?The Great Gatsby film is expected to arrive in theaters in 2013, which makes this timely costume perfect for Halloween of 2012. You’ll need a silver or white flapper dress, a matching headdress or headband, and pearl jewelry for your wrists, ears, and neck. Add a pair of pumps and a fur shawl and you’ll be 1920s chic! ?

[pagebreak]
Nicki Minaj
?Lately, we’ve seen Nicki Minaj sporting long, blonde locks. So, this Halloween all you blondes wanting to be Nicki don’t have to wear a crazy-colored wig! Just dress up in lots of neon, or copy one of Minaj’s famous looks of 2012- like her red outfit from the Grammys. I would recommend wearing a neon jumpsuit, leggings with a busy pattern, and wedge sneakers (shown in the middle picture). Make sure to include the rapper’s Chinese tattoo, located on her left arm. Optional: microphone.?

[pagebreak]
Honey Boo Boo
You’ll need a tiara, a tutu or some sort of pageant dress, white socks, maryjanes or some sort of heels, a full face of makeup, big hair, and a sash. ?

[pagebreak]
Miley Cyrus
?Miley’s new haircut has been a majorly controversial topic lately, so she would be a great costume for 2012. She has transitioned her style to a 90s grunge look, so for this costume you’ll need doc martens or combat boots, a mohawk, chunky jewelry, cut up jean shorts and a crop top. Tie a flannel around your waist for added 90s flare. ?

[pagebreak]
Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones
?You’ll need to pull your hair back with two braids, and you can either wear a tattered crop top and maxi skirt with gloves (all in a neutral tones of brown, tan, and gold) or a medieval-looking long dress in a pastel color.

HCBU Director of Public Relations/Writer
My spirit animal is the honey badger.