samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Fun Part of Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s that time of year again. It’s the last week of classes and the dreaded final exams are right around the corner. Don’t start stressing just yet, though, it may not be so bad after all. Here some parts of studying for finals to actually look forward to:

1. Study Period

No classes! Even though this time is meant to be spent studying, we should still be grateful for it. Imagine if we had to study for finals around a full class schedule. With a few days off, you can start your morning as early (or as late!) as you want and study on your own schedule. Use the long weekend to come up with a good study plan, or take a day off if you can afford to.

2. Study Playlists

In my opinion, the best part of studying. Listening to the right kind of music while you study can actually improve your studying. It can, first of all, put you in a better mood, and can also aid your concentration. You can make your own or find some great ones on Pandora, Spotify, or 8tracks to keep you going and fuel your focus.

3. Study Snacks

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Ditch the diet. During finals, do whatever you can to keep you motivated. If it’s a jar of Nutella and pretzels (or a spoon…)? Go for it! If it’s a bag of Swedish fish to put on each paragraph of your textbook page as a reward for reading? Do it. Check out Pinterest for some great “healthy study snacks” lists too. For long nights at the library, head to CityCo with a group of friends, put everything in the middle of your table and snack away family style.

4. Study Buddies

Strength in numbers! During finals, there is no FOMO. Everyone is forced to be inside studying, so you might as well make the most of it together. If you know trying to study in your room will end with you asleep on your bed or reading Buzzfeed articles all night, ask your roommates or your friends to camp out in the library or a study room with you. This way, you can share your #2 playlists and #3 snacks and keep each other in line. You can also switch up your study buddies based on which exam you’re studying for—get a group of your classmates together and quiz each other or just talk about the material, you’ll be amazed at how much you know.

Keep these in mind to fight the finals blues! Good luck on your exams next week Collegiettes!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.