A BU Girl’s Guide to Surviving Hurricane Sandy

Posted -

Just when we thought it didn’t rain enough at BU, Hurricane Sandy came to prove us wrong. While some of us are tucked safely away in our beds, others are outside braving the storm and dancing in the rain. No matter how you prepare for the storm, what every true BU girl needs is our Her Campus BU Hurricane Survival Kit.

1. Laptop and Netflix
Now that we’re all trying to recover from midterms (and Halloweened), BU has given us a mental health day. Even if you have work to do for Tuesday, take some time to just relax and relieve some stress! We all know it’s a rare opportunity to do so at BU.

2. A warm blanket
What better way to watch Netflix than tucked under your softest blanket?

3. Floor friends
Take the time out to bond with people on your floor—you’re all stuck in on place, so if you’re usually that one girl gone missing, this is the perfect opportunity to get to know your neighbors.

4. Snacks on snacks on snacks
If there’s one reason to leave your room during the hurricane, it’s definitely to eat. However, for the ultimate lazy day, make sure your fridge is stocked.

Comments

About The Author

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.

More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/