Best of the Best of Blogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you are an HC lover (as you should be), chances are you’re also a blog junkie! Technology shapes our society now, and as a result, the blogosphere is bigger than ever. Nowadays we do everything on the internet – read the news, catch up on fashion trends, look up recipes, decorate our homes…the list goes on and on. Personally, I find a blogger’s story inspiring, if you think about how much work they must have put towards their blogs in order to be recognized. Here are a few websites for the blog mavens out there:

1. The Man Repeller by Leandra Medine

Seriously, who is this girl and where can I get one? The 24-year-old New Yorker started her blog in 2010 after crafting the term “man repelling” in Top Shop (she was talking about shorts that men would not find attractive). According to Fashionista, the blog has reached a booming 3.7 millions pageviews per month.  Her blog essentially covers everything fashion, but deviates from time to time and surprises its readers with opinion pieces, or sometimes just posts about random topics, like texting! The Man Repeller is intelligence and sass at its finest, all while making you wish you could pull off her eclectic outfits. Check the blog out yourself at The Man Repeller!

1. Cupcakes and Cashmere by Emily Schuman

If you’re anything like me, then you love food, fashion, décor and DIY projects. LA girl Emily Shuman is the archetypal female blogger millions desire to be! Her blog teaches girls how to do make up (struggling with the smoky eye? Smoky Eye Tutorial), how to pull together the perfect winter/spring ensemble, and how to make breakfast pizza, which I am absolutely thrilled about. Emily’s fresh approach to blogging inspires women to live creatively and happily. If you’re looking for a great all-around blog, check out Cupcakes and Cashmere.

1. Song of Style by Aimee Song

LA-based blogger Aimee (pronounced Aw-me) Song manages to juggle her interior design career and her full-time blogging career, and gives all of her time and effort to both careers. Her busy two-job schedule forces her to travel around the United States and sometimes halfway across the world, but she is generous enough to share her journeys with her readers. Her blog is entirely about fashion and her fashion travels, so it’s what people call a “personal style blog.” Aimee’s sister or friends shoot pictures of her and her outfits in every corner of LA and the world. Her LA-chic and trendy style has millions (literally) following her day-to-day outfits. Catch a glimpse of her life at Song of Style!

1. Pastry Affair by Kristen Rosenau

This food blogger claims to have a pastry affair, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. Her voice is fresh and her pastries are one of a kind, so I’m glad she decided to make the switch from an astroparticle physicist (seriously, what is that?) to a blogging career purely filled with sweet, sweet times. Her recipe index ranges from custards & puddings, to beverages, to savory & salty treats. Believe me, after taking a look at her food photography, you’ll want to run to your nearest supermarket and buy it all! If you’re craving absolutely anything, give Pastry Affair a click.

1. Peanut Butter Fingers by Julie Fagan

As a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sport’s Medicine, writer, editor, and now blogger, Julie’s blog is entirely fueled by healthy foods and fitness. And it is done well! It’s a wonderful blog within the blogosphere that truly epitomizes the little things that bring us joy in life. Her minimalistic approach to blogging makes the blog welcoming, almost like an online oasis. Julie incorporates everything in her life into her blog, such as her husband, her dog, and her marathon training! Readers can find recipes, fitness tips, marathon training schedules, and travel spots on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Now plunge into the blogosphere and have a great time!

Freshman at Boston University from Miami, FL. I pretty much love everything, especially food and shoes...and traveling, so yeah everything!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.