Alright ladies. Its that time of year again! Back at school, settled into the swing of things, and now your brain has time to focus on daily life again! What’s that first thing that comes to our minds, obviously boys! It's part of human nature to think of the person(s) you are attracted to! It creates that hormone in the brain that makes us feel good and happy. So naturally, in our free time its what we think about. Dating is not all good and happy all the time unfortunatley, it can be stressful! Picking out the perfect outfit for a date, what to say to the person you are interested in, etc. So here at Her Campus Bryant, we’ve devised a list of the most important things to know about on a first date!
1) Do you know what the plan is?
This is the first and most important step in the first date planning process; it leads to all the other important steps to follow! Great places to go on a first date are:
- Restaurants: Lots of talking is expected on dinner dates. It’s a great way to get to know them.
- The Beach: For those of you near water (Bryant you are only a quick 50 minute drive from Newport Beach!) this is bond to get those romantic juices flowing. Not only is the beach a romantic place to be, but also it’s the ultimate relaxation spot! To get away from the stress of school and activities, bring him here!
2) Now that you know where you are going, what on earth are you going to wear?!
Outfit choices can be tricky, especially when you feel the need to impress the person you’ll be with. Make sure what you pick out is casual for the date you are going on. Don’t be afraid to be cute, it’s what boys love about us! Girl it up or dress it down, the most important factor in this is that YOU feel comfortable, beautiful and confident!
3) Have you taken the time to do a little Facebook stalking?
We all do it, scan the Facebook photo’s, see if he’s on iInstagram, maybe even read some of his tweets to get a feel of his day. It’s important to know what type of guy he is and his interests. Make sure you can really connect to this person before going on a date with a total stanger.
4) Go prepared with conversation topics!
There is nothing worse than awkward silence on a first date. It is that screaming silence when you both know how awkward it is. Yes, well, we have all been through it and here are some great topics to save you:
- Interests on his Facebook: Maybe he loves sports or plays football, ask him how his favorite team is doing or how practice has been.
- Compliment him! Men love hearing how great they are. Boost his ego a little by complimenting something about him. Maybe you’ll even get one in return!
Pictures from Pinterest.com.