Transitioning Your Wardrobe from Summer to Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s officially fall, and that means it’s that awkward time of year for New Englanders where the mornings are sweater weather but as soon as the afternoon rolls around you’re sweating like it’s summer again. This means in the morning you have to figure out how to dress for both warm and cold weather – unless you want to change halfway through the day (but who has time for that?). The start of fall is the perfect time for layering. Start moving away from your summer wardrobe and transitioning to fall pieces that you forgot you had in your closet.  Below, we’re sharing some tips and photo inspiration with you (pictures are of Bryant students).

1. Flannels –

Throw on a flannel for the chilly fall mornings.

Jordan Gauthier  ’19 and Emma Stewart ‘19

2. Cardigans –  

You can still wear your cute summer dresses – just wear a cardigan over it to stay warm. 

Lauren Sannizzaro ‘18

3.Leggings –

The fall weather means it’s finally cool enough for leggings – thank God.

Maria Ramsay ‘18

4. Shorts and a sweater –

If you don’t want to admit that summer is officially over you can still rock a pair of shorts by pairing them with a cute sweater.

Tina Pane ‘18

5. Converse –

Start the transition away from flip-flops and sandals by adding Converse to any outfit.

6. Boots –

Boots are another way to transition from the open-toed footwear of summer to make your outfit feel more fall-like. 

Sarah Hancock ‘18

7. Denim jacket –

If you’re not ready to commit to wearing a jacket yet (we know we’re not –summer just ended) then you can make an outfit work for the cooler weather by adding a light denim jacket.

Theresa Fairless ‘19

Saying goodbye to summer can be hard, but we will gladly welcome the fall. We can get away with wearing leggings and sweaters to class every day. There’s just something about waking up to cold weather and putting on a cozy outfit that you’ve got to love. 

Flora is a graduate from Bryant University with a major in communication. She moved to Boston after graduating and somehow is already 2 years post-grad. By day, she is a marketing associate but when she's not at the office she loves trying new foods, hunting for the latest trends, exploring the city, going to spin classes, and finding as many cute dogs to pet as possible! Follow her on Instagram @lifeisgoodman