March Madness From a Girl’s Perspective

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

March Madness, for those who may not know, is an annual occurrence of NCAA college basketball games in March.  16 teams from the South, 16 teams from the East, 16 teams from the West, and 16 teams from the Midwest play teams in their region to try and win their region.  Once one team from each region wins, they end up playing against another region.  This forms the bracket.  Still unsure what the bracket is?  The bracket is a tree diagram representing the series of games played during a tournament.

Anyhow, most of us women are sort of inclined to make a bracket.  Whether it’s our dad searching for that last drop of “boy” in us or our boyfriend just assuming we know what the h*ll he is talking about, we just felt as though making one was a necessity.  Oh and we also probably all had these 20 thoughts while making it…

1.    Hmmmm…what sounds nicer Ohio State or Dayton?

2.    Where the h*ll is Witchita State and Cal Poly????

3.    Duke just sounds sexy…definitely picking Duke.

4.    Which team looks better in their uniforms- UConn or St. Joe’s?

5.    AW! Providence is in the bracket, that’s cute, let’s pick them.

6.    George Washington sounds pretty regal! Definitely picking George Washington.

7.    Why is he staring at me? Is he judging my picks?

8.    He’s sweating….is that normal?

9.    Now he’s laughing…definitely has his period.

10.  Syracuse versus Western Michigan? Ew, Western Michigan’s logo is weird…Syracuse it is.

11.  Final four…final four…final four….he better treat me to Panera after this or something

12.  What would make a better last name…Marquette or Louisville? Jessica Marquette…that sounds nice! Marquette it is.

13.  I LOVE the blue in NC….gotta pick them for suresies

14.  Ehhhh… Marquette has alright colors so I guess I’ll pick them again.

15.  Actually, no way Marquette is going to make it that far… I don’t even know where Marquette is.

16.  The name Memphis is in that song that I love… I’ll pick them… or should I pick Virginia? Let’s go with Virginia!

17.  Who should win it all? I’ve always wanted to live in Florida, that looks like a good pick.

18.  Now he’s breathing down my neck…

19.  $20 TO ENTER THIS THING? DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR $20 CAN GET ME IN DSW?????

20.  I WON! I WON! I WON! I WON! Now every guy is glaring at me…better luck next time!

Jessica is a senior at Bryant University where she is majoring in management and double minoring in marketing and communication.  She holds the position as Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Bryant and was actually one of the first founding members!  Beyond Her Campus Bryant, she is the Vice President of the Bryant Marketing Association and a MyPath Mentor.  She loves working at the Amica Center for Career Education where she manages their marketing and social media efforts but also enjoys her time at the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership and the school's bookstore. When at home in Connecticut, she loves to watch movies with her family, play with her dog, have bonfires with friends, sleepovers with her sister, and scrapbook! Jessica aspires to one day manage her own department of a fortune 500 company, or even run her own company with a little bit of writing on the side!  Upon graduating this coming May, she will jump-start her career at EMC as a Marketing Development Associate in the Marketing Development Program.