Best Drugstore Highlighters for Every Skin Tone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s no secret that the drugstore offers some really great makeup products at affordable prices. They recently have stepped up their game when it comes to highlighters, and have been filling the shelves with powder, liquid, and crème options for girls of all skin tones. Our only complaint is now that we have so many to choose from, we don’t know what’s a gem and what’s a dud. Good news, collegiettes, we at Her Campus have done our research on the best highlighters so you can get that J-Lo glow for cheap. Here is our list of the best drugstore highlighters for every skin tone:

Fair – Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Highlight: Flexitarian

Colourpop never fails to impress us with their high quality products at extremely affordable prices, and their highlights are no exception. This white-gold highlight is a stunning metallic highlight that you will literally be able to see from Mars. It is gorgeous on girls with even the palest of skin, and gives off a beautiful reflective sheen. This highlight is a hybrid between a powder and a crème, which allows it to sink into your skin. You can find this highlight on colourpop.com for $8.00.

Light – Milani Strobe-light Highlighter: 01 Afterglow

This pink-champagne toned highlighter is the perfect shade for girls with lighter toned skin. It is extremely finely milled, making it feel buttery to the touch. This highlight is not filled with any chunky glitters, ensuring that it won’t emphasize any unwanted texture you might have. We also love the way this highlight gives you a “lit-from-within” type of glow! This highlight retails for $9.99.

Light/Medium – Wet n Wild Mega Glo Highlight: Precious Petals

This highlight was originally limited edition, but when Wet n Wild saw how popular it was they knew they had to make it a permanent addition to their line. Precious Petals is a beautiful, reflective rosey-pink highlighter that will have you glowing all day long. This formula is so buttery it feels like a crème product even though its powder, which shows just how smooth it is. The best part of this gorgeous highlight is the price – $4.99!

Medium – Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow: The Glo Down

While this “highlighter” is technically an eyeshadow, who says you can’t use it both ways?! The Glo Down eyeshadow is the perfect shade of champagne gold for medium skin tones. It is so pigmented, yet so blend-able to give you either a light or beaming highlight. We love how reflective this highlighter is – it really gives off that J-Lo glow! Get this beautiful highlight for just $3.99.

Medium/Deep – Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter: Molten Gold

This highlight nearly broke the Internet when it released, and set a new standard for drugstore highlighters. It is so pigmented, so metallic, and so beautiful on girls with medium-deep skin tones. It is a gorgeous warm gold shade that will make your cheekbones pop, and have you glowing to the gods. The formula of this highlight is really easy to work with because it is so finely milled. You can get this beautiful highlight for just $9.99.

Deep – Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer: Rock on World

Although this product is labeled as a bronzer, it is a stunning highlight on girls with darker skin tones. This highlight is a beautiful copper, but in the light it has a slightly golden shift that will make your cheekbones go “WOW”. While this highlight is extremely pigmented, the formula allows for you to blend it out to make it more natural, or really build up the color for an intense glow. Our favorite part is the price – only $6.00!

We at Her Campus hope that this list helps you find your next favorite highlighter, no matter what your skin tone or makeup budget is. You GLOW, girl!

Self-Declared Pizza Connoisseur & Designated Champagne Popper