9 Things Destiny’s Child Taught Single Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

All my women who independent throw your hands up at me. Yes I’m talking to you single ladies. Since “it ain’t easy being independent” we thought we would bring the queens of independence from Destiny’s Child to explain the key to a sassy single life.

1.  Pay your own damn bills

If you’re gonna brag make sure it’s your money you flaunt, depend on no one else to give you what you want!

2.  You don’t need a man

Thought I couldn’t last without you, but I’m lastin’, you thought that I would die without you but I’m livin’, Thought that I would fail without you but I’m on top…

3.  If he can’t walk the sexy walk, don’t talk the sexy talk

I’m starting to believe that I’m way too much for you, all that talk but it seems like you can’t come through. All them lies like you could satisfy me, now I see where believing you got me, gave you the wheel but you can’t drive me!

4.  Stay Classy

You know I’m not gonna diss you on the internet, cause my momma told me better than that!

5.  No one controls you

Try to control me boy you’ll get dismissed.

6.  You can play the player game too

Only ring your celly when I’m feeling lonely, when it’s all over please get up and leave.

7.  Hit the club with the ladies

Ladies leave your man at home, the club is full of ballas and they pockets full grown, and all you fellas leave yo girl with her friends, cause its 11:30 and the club is jumpin’ jumpin’!

8.  You’re probably too damn sexy for him, anyways

Cause my body to booootylicious for ya babe!

9.  YOUR GIRLS ARE ALL YOU NEED

I’m your girl, you’re my girl, we all girls, don’t you know that we love you!!!

So there you have it. From the one and only Charlie’s Angels – depend on yourself (and your girls), don’t SETTLE for anything less than best, you are one hot sexy lady, and don’t ever let a forget that. What’s your favorite lesson from Destiny’s Child? Let us know!

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.