Passover Observance and Messianic Significance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Moses or Jesus. Jewish or Gentile. One profit, one son of God. Let’s go into detail shall we???

• The lamb was without blemish.

• Jesus was examined and found without blemish. (Mat 21:33; 27:1 – 2; 11 – 14, 17 – 26; Luke 3:2; John 11:49 – 53).

• The lamb was a male of the first year.

• Jesus was the firstborn Son of God.

• The lamb was set aside for four days on the tenth of Nisan.

• Jesus entered Jerusalem and the temple on public display for four days on the tenth of Nisan.

• The penalty was imposed the moment the lamb was chosen.

• Christ received the death penalty for our sin before he was born.

• The lamb was killed between the evenings at 3:00 p.m.

• Jesus died in the seventh hour, 3:00 p.m. (Mark 15:33 – 37).

• The blood of the lamb applied to the door saved the Israelites’ firstborn.

• The blood of Christ saves us.

• The body of the lamb must be eaten the same night. (Ex. 12:8).

• Jesus was crucified, suffered, and died in the same night.

• No work was to be done on the Passover. The Israelites could not save themselves. Even if they should have to spend all night in prayer, the destroying angel would have broken in upon them, slain their first – born if the blood was not on the floor.

• The blood of Jesus saves us, not our works. (1 Peter 1:18 – 21).

HAVE WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.
Ana Cedeno is a journalism major and campus correspondent for Broward College. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, she immigrated to the United States when she was twelve years old and continued her education in the sunny, politically contradictory, swamp state of Florida. She has since been published by both her college newspaper and the online grassroots journalism publication Rise Miami News. A fan of literature since age 6, she's an enthusiast of language and making her opinion known, while still hearing out the other side and keeping an open mind for growth.