Broward College gets Colorful at Her Campus’ Celebration of Color!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

If you were on campus last Friday morning, you may have had the pleasure of seeing several sweaty humans run laps around BC whilst getting sprayed with enough color to rival a rainbow, also known as, Broward College’s first ever color run!

The color run was held in observance of black history month, to celebrate color or diversity in the face of diversity. Those who registered received a white shirt to serve as a perfect canvas and colorful sunglasses as a stylish safety precaution.

Three full laps around the perimeter of the North Campus is exactly 5 kilometers – no easy feat for some, but others were up to the challenge. Eddy-Lentz Philistin and Lavardo Robinson led the pack placing in first and second place respectively.

Not only was the event a celebration of diversity, but it also gave back to those in need. All registration fees were donated to the local United way – an organization that assists veterans.

Her Campus wants to thank Seahawk Productions and Student Life for helping us make this event possible!

Check out our video below to see how much fun you can have when you’re colorful!

Missed the event? Not to fear! Her Campus is hosting a Woman’s week full of events you don’t want to miss from March 13 – 16! Follow us on social media @HCBroward to find out more! 

HCXO!

Chanel Samson is a Public Relations major and former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Broward College. Born and raised in Toronto, Canada, she enjoys politely asserting her Canadian superiority in any given situation. Along with her involvement in Her Campus, she is an avid poet, which has earned her several awards and publications. She currently works for a travel publication in Fort Lauderdale, FL.