Jesse Appell ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Jesse Appell
Class:2012
Hometown: Newton, MA
Major: East Asian Studies
On-campus activities: Game Knight, Brandeis Coalition of Nocturnal Disc Hurlers, CGX, Blowfish, Study Abroad Journal, False Ad
 Favorite quote: “They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.” – Oscar Gamble
Favorite book: To be honest I am kind of a sucker for romance novels my favorite being Rough and Ready by Sandra Hill
Favorite movie: It’s a toss up between the Passion of the Mao and Beverly Hills Chihuahua. The amount you learn about Mao, but the dogs are just so cute!!!!
Current favorite song: Baraka Flocka Flame
Favorite qualities in a girl: There are many factors that determine my tastes in women. They need to have the right personality, a love of YouTube videos, no more than three cats, a love of fried food, and childbearing hips.
Your friends would describe you in 3 words as… Chivalrous, Radiant, Modest
Favorite place you’ve travelled to: China, Everything there was so different and beautiful, it was a real experience.
When not in class, you’re… Who knows it changes from day to day, usually watching StarCraft or reading in the bath
Describe your most embarrassing moment: Probably the time I accidentally went into the women’s bathroom and had to wait there for several hours until all the women left, luckily i had my laptop.
An interesting fact people don’t know about you:  I have an estranged brother named Karl.
Three things you can’t live without: Philly Cheese Steak, Cotton Candy, Improv
 Where on campus do you feel most at home? Other people’s common rooms, and Castle Commons
What are you most looking forward to this year at Brandeis? Senior Kick Ball, Finishing my thesis, Learning how to Peruvian throat sing
Where do your true passions lie?: Hard in the paint
Describe your ideal date. We would meet in a bathhouse.  We would chat it up in the steam room, eating Philly Cheese Steaks.  Then, we would take it back to my place.  Play some StarCraft, then who knows?
What is your spirit animal? Hippopotamus