Club Yearbook: Clubs to Join

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Interested in getting more involved on campus but don’t know where to start? Take a look at our Club Yearbook to find out about some of the most exciting and innovative clubs on campus.

Friendliest: Prospect Hill Kids’ Club

Prospect Hill Kids’ Club partners with Bentley University, the Waltham Police Department, and Waltham Housing Authority to run an after school program for local students at the new community center in Prospect Hill Terrace.  Our program is free and runs Monday through Friday from 2:45pm until 5:30 pm.     A typical Prospect Hill Kids’ Club day is divided into three components.  For the first half hour, program participants enjoy a healthy snack and a chance to unwind from a long day at school.  After, we have an hour of homework and academic enrichment activities.  For the last hour of our program we do a physical activity that could include going on a nature walk, playing outside, doing an art project, baking and much more.     We serve youth grades 1-8 in the Prospect Hill Terrace community and would love to have more people volunteer for the club, because the kids learn best with individualized attention. Many kids look to their tutors, or “college buddies” as role models and are motivated to do well in school if they receive the right guidance.  Volunteering at the Community Center is a rewarding experience and one that makes a measurable impact!  If interested in volunteering please contact any of the Coordinators at wgprospecthillkidsclub@gmail.com.

Most Creative: Kaos Kids

Kaos Kids is Brandeis University’s only competitive hip hop crew. We are more than a group of dancers that compete in regional competitions. We are a family. Because each individual member of the team brings their own dance experiences and “K-factor” (a.k.a style and personality), we can use our differences to create amazing pieces that showcases every individual’s strengths as performers. We strongly believe in inclusivity and welcome anyone that has an appreciation for the arts. We encourage all students to audition for Kaos Kids and join our loving and kaotic family.

Most Likely to Change the World: Deis3D

Deis3D, the Brandeis University 3D printing club, is a student-run organization hosted in the MakerLab at Brandeis University, which offers 3D printing and various technologies to students and members of the community. With over 40 active members and eight 3D printers, Deis3D represents some of the most cutting-edge maker technologies that Brandeis has to offer. We take part in a number of activities, including hosting speaker events by renowned industry individuals, developing novel 3D designs and devices, offering workshops and other events. Deis3D promotes a number of out-reach activities within Brandeis and to the external community. Offering activities in the MakerLab for people aged eight to eighty, some our off-site events include visits to Prospect Hill Kids’ Club and workshops for middle and high school students.

Most Likely to Save the Planet: Students for Environmental Action

Students for Environmental Action (SEA) is an organization committed to promoting sustainability at Brandeis. SEA’s mission is to educate the Brandeis community about environmentally friendly practices and current issues, while implementing campus-wide programs from energy conservation to composting. The group also hosts many on and off campus events, including hiking, camping, movie nights, along with its famous biannual coffeehouse. Students looking to help Brandeis go green should check out SEA!

Daredevil on Campus: Skydiving Club

Skydiving and Future Endeavors Club is an organization that brings Brandeis students skydiving for a reduced cost. Three times a semester, we bring sixty students to Skydive Pepperell where they experience the wonderful world of skydiving. If you want more information, join the Skydiving and Future Endeavors Club listserv!

If you are interested in joining any of the clubs above, visit https://lists.brandeis.edu/wws/lists to sign up for club listervs in order to find out the lastest on club happenings!

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.