This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

As summer and fall quickly came to an abrupt stop towards the end of November, so did the excitement of everyday…well, everything. It may be odd, but rain, snow, and the cold in general have a way of taking over our moods and emotions. For most people, when the cold hits they seek indoor solitude and hibernation overall; but with this comes what we like to call the Winter Blues.

How can you beat the Winter Blues this season?

Turn up the Temperature

First and foremost, to beat the cold blues of the winter keep warm! Blankets galore and footie pajamas can never really go out of style, could they? So layer on up!

Hot Foods and Drinks

Time to pull out the hot chocolate packets and marshmallows! Don’t forget about the ramen, a staple food to all college students.

Catch Up On or Get Ahead in Homework

The cold does make most of us feel attached to the indoors and our dorm rooms. So, why not pass the time and stay productive by getting work done. The more work you get done in this time the less stress you can have in the future.

Music

While staying cooped up inside trying desperately to stay warm in your dorm this season, pop in some beats and jam to all of your favorites! Music has a way of making love to your ears that sends good vibes to your brain. Dance, sing, and maybe even air guitar! If your roommate does not mind of course.

Change Your Environment

Change around your room, organize your desk, or find unused/old clothes you can donate. If you change the way your environment looks then you can improve your mood and pass the time.

Exercise

Exercise is a great way to improve your mood, relive stress, and pass the time. You can always workout with a friend too!

Don’t Be a Hermit!

Text friends to meet at the library or go out to grab a bite from the dining hall. Go out and catch some air and make more memories.

Hi! I'm Tyffany. I'm from Georgia and I have just recently moved to the Boston area. I attend Brandeis University and I am currently majoring in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation with a minor in Economics. I'm a bubbly person and I adore DIY and anything arts related. I love fashion and seek to work at an arts company possibly centered in that area.