Day to Night Hair: For Your Last Minute DT Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Here’s the situation: You have a full day of Friday classes, homework, and to top it off you promised the girls a night out. Your problem: how to take your everyday hair style to a style that is worthy of attracting all those cuties on State Street. How do you add variety to your everyday style, but also create a more glamorous look for nights out? Here are a few styles that will look scholarly and cute for the daytime, but with just a few tricks, they can be changed into a sexy style for your Friday and Saturday night plans.

Day: Leave your hair down for the day, whether you have pin straight hair, wavy, or curly; natural hair is totally in! If your hair is normally straight or has little volume to it, use a volume enhancing mousse so that it will gain volume throughout the day, which will help create better curls later.

Night: Take 5 minutes and use a large barrel curling iron to add big bouncy curls. Add some hairspray and you are good to go! If you still crave more volume, use a pick after you curl to pick out your curls, then add the hairspray. Girls with naturally curly/frizzy hair may want to add a little leave-in conditioner for a more controlled look.

Day: For a busy day, keep it tamed by adding some leave-in conditioner and some scrunching or curl enhancing mouse or gel. Then braid your hair. With braiding there are so many styles that look cute and keep hair out of the way. So take your pick: fishtail, French, traditional, or add a new twist and create a Dutch braid.

Night: When it is time to get ready simply take the braid out and add a little more product; you will have a fun tousled look for your night out. This is a look for the less sophisticated nights out that are dedicated to having fun and dancing your butt off.

Day: Love the innocence of the half up style? Try it out. It keeps bangs out of your face for the day and gives you a sweet look. Then straighten your hair to give it a sleek look.

Night: Put it all up! Grab some strong hairspray or sticky gel and create a slicked back pony. The straightening you did that morning will give you an even more sophisticated look and will save you some time, just do touchups.

Day: Want to try a more fun look to get your spirit up for your fun night out? In the morning, add some mousse to slightly damp hair and then create some big curls with a large barreled curling iron. If you want to add a little variety or keep the hair out of your face, pin back the sides with barrettes.

Night: For a more sophisticated look, start by creating a deep side part and pull the small side back in to a barrette and slick back with hairspray. Then touch up you curls from this morning with the use of a large barreled curling iron.

Alli Ortell

Binghamton