Trending: Festival Fashion for the College Girl’s Budget!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s unavoidable, the festival girl is everywhere! And in perfect timing with the warm weather setting in! But don’t get discouraged, you don’t have to go to festivals or concerts to channel your inner festival girl fashion! This spring and summer we’ll be seeing a lot of her trends on the streets, and here is how you can create your own festival wardrobe without spending too much, collegiettes!
Whether it’s a pair of plain, distressed, dyed, or patterned shorts, these bottoms are key in your festival outfits and should make a statement! And don’t be afraid to mix patterns, textures, neons, and other colors in your look; sometimes it’s the busier the better! Pair your shorts with any crochet, cropped, or tattered top, and accessorize with anything and everything! Start with layering a mixture of long and short necklaces and stack on those rings, cuffs and friendship bracelets. Go wild with hair accessories; wear floral headbands, turbans, and hair wraps, even put real flowers in your hair. Protect your eyes with a statement pair of shades, and grab a fringy bag to hold everything.There are no rules in festival fashion so this is your chance to wear anything you’d like!

Here are some different shops (shorts, tops, dresses, and accessories) for you to use as inspiration and a basis for creating your one-of-a-kind look.

The Short Shop

Lacey Denim Cutoff Shorts, $88, Free People   Floral Premium Denim Shorts, $19.80, Forever21

High Rise Cheeky Short, $49, Urban Outfitters Americana Cutoff shorts, $88, Nasty Gal

The Top Shop

Candy Crochet Tank, $58, NastyGal                    Scalloped Chandelier Top, $17.80, Forever 21

Rose Window Cropped Tank, $34, Urban Outfitters     Intergalactic tank, $68, Free People

The Dress Shop

Romance Dress, $78, Nasty Gal                         Madam Crochet Dress, $42, Threadsence

Poison Pintuck Slip, $88, Free People

The Accessory Shop

Beaded Fringe Cord Necklace, $8.80, Forever21                      Neon Flower Crown, $28, Free People

Full Circle Shades, $40, NastyGal                                  Lay It On Me Wrap Bracelet, $25, Threadsence

Folk Foldover Crossbody Bag, $49, Urban Outfitters    Crochet Sun Foot Tie, $58, Free People

Now that you’ve seen just some of the endless possibilities, what’s your favorite festival girl characteristic? Is it the piled on bracelets, graphic tanks and tees, or all things crochet? Leave a comment below with your answer! Or, tell us who your favorite celebrity festival girl is!

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.