Texture, Texture, Read All About It!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s that time of year again, so put away those tanks and cutoff shorts and whip out those layers and Fall boots! But, what’s different about this year? You guessed it, texture!

Here are a few textures that are hot in stores and will add a sassy flare to your -Fall wardrobe!

CORDUROY

For all you conventional dressers out there, you can still rock some rad texture while not stepping too far out of your comfort zone! Cords are big this Fall, in muted shades, deep green, mauve, taupe, mustard, and rust. Cords are super comfortable and the best part is, you can find them almost anywhere! What’s that? Already got yourself some chords? Shake it up with a fabulous corduroy blazer! 

From left to right: BDG Cigarette High-Rise Corduroy Pant, $54; Corduroy Blazer, $99

VELVET

Making a bold appearance this Fall is velvet from headtotoe. Velvet adds both a holiday and vintage feel to any outfit and is definitely a must have this season! Choose from a variety of shoes, leggings, pants, skirts, shorts, tops, sweaters, blazers, and all kinds of accessories to get your velvet on!

From left to right: Jeffrey Campbell Lita Boot, $162; “Arial”,”sans-serif”‘>, $168; Audrina Velvet Cross Body Coin Purse, $27

FUR

Fur is always in when the weather gets cold, but just because it isn’t a new trend this season, don’t get discouraged from adding it into your wardrobe! Fur boots are super cute, whether they’re a playful fur ball adorned almost completely in fur, or just have fur trim. And, we can’t forget about the fur vests! A sophisticated style, fur vests are great for layering and keeping warm with a great look and without the bulk of a jacket hiding your stylish outfit!

From left to right: Soda Kalia-S Fur Lace Up Military Mid-Calf Boot, $26.20; Tri-Color Faux Fur Vest, $29.90

SUEDE

Suede boots are always in, but this season, grab yourself suede tops, shorts, and leggings, too! They’re a super soft alternative to cotton and look crazy cool. Want more out of your suede? Fringe detail suede pieces add even more texture and look totally rad!

From left to right: Suedette Leggings, $14.90; Sam Edleman Louie Boot, $159

And, last but not least…

SWEATER TIGHTS AND LEGGINGS!

Warm up your legs with some “hot” legwear. Sweater tights are thicker than standard sheer tights and look great under shorts or oversized tops with a cute pair of boots. Sweater leggings are available, too, and come in fun Nordic or Fair Isle prints!

From left to right: Poconos Sweater Legging, $68, Hue Nordic Fair Isle Sweater Tights, $15

I hope to see you readers rocking some of these textures around campus and looking fabulous! Keep an eye out for some of our Her Campus staff members who will be looking for our campus trendsetters to feature  in our Winter Trends article in December!

Stay fashionable, Bentley collegiettes™!

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.