Now that Bentley campus has been infected with Spring Fever, it’s time to pack up the winter jackets and put away those mittens and scarves. Spring is in the air and its time clean out that winter clutter. All those sweatshirts that have gathered in the corner of your closet and last semester’s textbooks that are becoming your bedside table can be cleared out to make way for a fun spring semester.
Starting with your closet, the biggest clutter area of a college room:
- Trade out your winter sweaters for spring shirts and sun dresses. Make space by bringing home or storing your winter clothing except for the just in case sweatshirt and a light weight jacket.
- Swap out your heavy winter scarves for the colorful fashion scarves.
- Organize your shoes. Say ciao to your Uggs as they settle in for a summer nap and bring out the flip flops and wedges.
- Donate any clothes you really don’t wear. If you haven’t worn it in a while, you most likely won’t be wearing it anytime soon!
Freshen up your dorm room:
- Reorganize your desk. Throw away old papers, trash, and supplies. Clear off unnecessary clutter on your desk, making room for new projects and school work.
- Move things around. Spice it up. Rearrange your room, redecorate the walls, add some spring flair to put some fun and color in your room.
- Maximize space and organize your room with colorful bins.
Next, let’s de-clutter our phones and Facebooks:
- Organize your contacts, deleting old numbers and adding last names for clarification. Get rid of those contacts you don’t talk to anymore.
- Go through apps and photos, organizing them and getting rid of old photos and unused apps, a fresh start for your phone!
- Weed through your Facebook. Defriend people you don’t talk to anymore and unsubscribe from unwanted information. Check on old applications you used to play, delete the old ones to make space for some fun new games.
- Make sure everything on your Facebook is internet worthy, giving your Facebook a face lift!
- Clean out your computer. Delete old documents and sort through pictures. Organize your work so it is easy and accessible.
Try out some new music. Pandorais great for music variety!
End this year right with a clean slate. With the spring weather sweeping through campus, it’s a great time to clean out the old, making room for the new! For more spring cleaning tips and ideas, check out this checklistor these tips!