Fun with Free People!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Many of us are familiar with the Free People clothing brand (one of the sister stores of Urban Outfitters) and have grown to absolutely love it, but did you know your local FP store does more than just sell amazing clothes? That’s right: each month Free People stores hold a different event in their store ranging from raffles, crafts, giving gifts with purchases, and more!

In honor of Valentine’s Day, Free People in the Natick Collection held a super fun DIY V-Day craft party this past Saturday. The craft was too cute-Fabric gift tags to add to your Valentine’s gift or to give alone. It was such a sweet idea and a charming addition to any gift! The Free People blog lists 3 additional, adorably enchanting Valentine’s Day crafts that were held at other locations, and instructions on how to make them. Although Valentine’s Day has passed, you can totally put your own spin on them and make them fit any occasion! Check them out here! FP Natick also gave out a gift with purchase- felt potpourri-filled hearts to hang in your car, bedroom, closet, or anywhere!

Here are some pictures from the DIY event. It was an awesome activity to do on a Saturday afternoon, and seriously, what girl wouldn’t want a fun excuse to go to the mall?! So like FP Natick on Facebook to stay up-to-date on their monthly events, win prizes, craft up something amazing, and be notified about the latest arrivals!

[pagebreak]
One last thing!

For those of us who have visited a Free People store before, we know what to expect when you walk in: a breathtaking decorative installation that sets a different bohemian mood each season. Well in anticipation of warmer weather (I don’t know about you but I’m certainly counting down the days ‘till spring!) Free People stores have installed their new spring decorations! They certainly liven up this dull winter weather and have gotten me excited for sunshine. The installation goes perfectly with the pops of color given off by all of the new items from FP’s February catalogue. You gotta check it out! And the best part is, at the end of each install, FP stores sell their display pieces so if you fall in love with some of these spring mobiles or wire flowers, they can be yours!

Here are a few photos of Natick’s spring installation and newest items!

So if you’re in the mall, stop into Free People and see its magic for yourself!

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.