Five Fall 2012 Boots Every Collegiette Needs in Her Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Marilyn Monroe once said, “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world”. With these fall 2012 boot trends, all under $200, you can do just that! Start saving up for your favorite pair or include them on your holiday wish list, with boots these cute the trends will likely continue into the winter.

1. Updated Uggs

Guys love to hate them, girls love to wear them. Whether you think they are cute or not, no other boot can compare to the warmth and comfort of the classic Ugg Australia boots. This year, switch it up with a new stylish pair of Uggs with sparkles, glitter, buttons, bows, and a multitude of colors. Or, keep it old school with the tall and short classics. While Uggs cost $155 and up, they really do last forever. I have had a pair of classic sand Uggs for 5 years.

This October, try the limited edition breast cancer Uggs and support a great cause while looking cute!

[pagebreak]

2: Cute Rainboots

We really are our mothers’ daughters: wellies are back in style!!

Debatably the new Uggs, Hunter boots are both functional and sleek. They offer the best of both worlds: waterproof for rainy days and walking through sleet to class, and stylish. You can really show off your personality by purchasing socks in a variety of patterns, materials, and colors. Socks definitely make wellies warmer and more comfortable. Hunter Boots cost $125 and up, plus socks. However, there are plenty of cheaper versions on the market.

Check out Hunter Original Tall Boots with Leopard Cuff Welly Socks

[pagebreak]

3: Wild Crops

Crop boots are a cool trend this fall, and rocking them in an animal print is even trendier. These Sam Edelman Kit Boots ($174.95) from Nordstrom show of your wild side and are perfect for a night out in Boston.

[pagebreak]

4: Dressy Booties

DSW has a number of cheaper options when it comes to adorable booties. They have them in a variety of colors and styles. One example is the Michael Antonio Cane Glitter Wedge Bootie for only $49.95! Another is the Zigi Soho Spree Bootie for $79.95. Perfect for going out to parties, at a lower cost, you can afford a few pairs to go with all your favorite dresses!

[pagebreak]

5: Classic Western

Nordstrom has an entire section of western boots (some that are to die for, but also may break the bank). They are perfect to wear on a fall day with a pair of jeans, or even next spring at your favorite country concert. These ones (Ariat ‘Fatbaby II’ Boot) have a cute, girly edge with pink stitching, and they are more affordable option at $99.95. 

Bentley University Class of 2016
Bentley University