This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Name: Courtney Smigiel
Hometown: Lisbon, Connecticut
Graduation Year: 2012
Major: Marketing
Minors: English & IDCC
Campus Involvements: President of the Bentley Women’s Center, Vice President of Marketing for Alpha Phi, Service Learning Project Manager for America Reads, Mentor for the Bentley Women’s Leadership Floor, Panelist for the Women’s Leadership Institute, Member of the  Student Diversity Council, Alumni Relations office assistant

Inside Details

Describe yourself in 3 words: creative, optimistic, active
Any secret talents?: On a good day I can curl my tongue!
What would be your dream job? I definitely want to do something that helps people. I am looking to work for a nonprofit and would really want to teach for a couple of years. That would be fun, and then I would move on to other things.

Favorites

Favorite place in the world: First Encounter Beach, Cape Cod. It is great because it has an ocean side and a bay side. You can walk for miles and collect shells by the shore. My family and I go there every year and it is literally one of the most beautiful places.
Favorite Bentley memory: Getting Laura Yates as my little sister in Alpha Phi
Favorite Song: “For the Longest Time” by Billy Joel.  My roommates and I always listen to this song together whether we are having a good day or bad day and we all just really enjoy it. It makes me think of our friendship.

Boys, Boys, Boys

What does your ideal date look like? I love to exercise so my ideal date would include going on a jog along the beach and then going swimming in the ocean. We would end the date by cooking dinner together. I am into the simple things.
First thing that attracts you to a boy: What attracts me is when a boy looks confident. He doesn’t need to be wearing anything specific, it just includes the vibe he puts out and how put together he seems.
Any deal breakers? Laziness is definitely a deal breaker.

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.