My Relationship With My Yoga Pants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Since I was about sixteen, I’ve been in a relationship.  But you see, it’s not a normal relationship.  It’s pretty much a one-way street.  He does all the work; I just enjoy his company.  My boyfriend is comfortable, stretchy, and knows exactly when and how to cheer me up even in my worst of moods.  Maybe by now, you’re starting to realize my “boyfriend” isn’t exactly human…  even better, he’s my yoga pants.

Ever since that first day when I began college, I embraced what I like to call the BC yoga pants craze.  I went from one pair to four pairs in a matter of months and soon was wearing them on weekends, to bed, to the gym, and even to class.  Don’t worry though; I washed them so often they even started to tear in places.  Sophomore year of college and not much has changed.  Yoga pants are unbelievably comfortable, can make anybody look good, and are easy to wear with just about any top.  Did I mention the fact that they literally feel like heaven… that is, if heaven could be described as cotton, synthetic fabric?

The craze for yoga pants is not just true at BC.  Basic yoga pants are the everyday uniform of the fit and active woman.  They move just as much as we do on even our busiest day and are unbelievably comfortable.  While denim, corduroy, and wool are always great fabrics for pants, there is something about the constant coziness and durability with that stretchy fabric of yoga pants.

So maybe I am in a relationship… with a type of pants.  But who could resist Lulu Lemon yoga pants or even my ones from Target (that literally look like they’ve gone through a world war)?  The answer is no one.  They’re comfortable, always there for me, and make me feel good no matter what my mood.  Can’t say that about many boys, can we, ladies?  That’s where yoga pants come in.

Photo Sources:

http://bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/media/2013/03/19/03lulu.jpg?c=91ffff74b825f776c0871a744bddbd2b

http://absolutememe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/meme-7.jpg

Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."