DIY Dorm Decoration: Melted Crayons (With a Twist)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Are you looking for a fun and inexpensive way to add decoration to your dorm room?  I found this awesome twist on everyone’s favorite DIY craft — melted crayons!   Since we’re all under the constraints of a strict college student’s budget, this project is perfect.  All you need is a box of crayons, a canvas, a fork and a hair dryer.

First, lay out some newspaper under the canvas.  Once you’ve unpeeled a crayon, break it in half and stab it with the fork.  Turn the hair dryer on and get started!

When blow-drying the crayons, twist the fork for a unique smudging effect!   This allows you to blend the colors together.

And voila! You have a brand new dorm decoration that looks like it belongs in an art
gallery!

Source:
http://jennaleighbrown.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-wall-art-melted-crayons-…

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.